Are you DSA approved?

Get My CBT is DSA approved. All our instructors are trained to the highest standard. Our training director who oversees all our instructors has many years experience and holds the highest qualified motorcycle instructor certification. Read more on Greg here.

– – –
How long is the CBT course?

The course usually takes 1 day to complete. If for any reason you do not complete all elements of the course to the required standard you may need to return for further training.

– – –
What if I fail?

The CBT is not a test it’s a continual assessment. If you meet the required standard in each element, you can proceed to the next until the course is completed, at which point your instructor will issue you with your CBT certificate (DL196).

– – –
What if I don’t have any motorcycle clothing?

No problem, we provide all the relevant safety clothing for you to take your CBT, including jacket, gloves and helmet. We do not provide footwear or trousers so please make sure your footwear is sturdy and strong and your trousers are long

– – –
Do ‘Get My CBT’ provide motorcycles to train on?

We provide a geared motorcycle and a twist-and-go (moped / scooter) which you can learn on. You are welcome to bring your own also however ours are provided at no extra cost.

We use only modern, well maintained bikes.

– – –
What bikes can I ride after passing my CBT?

An automatic scooter / moped or geared motorbike up to 125cc. We have put together a portfolio of images showing what you can ride once you have your CBT. See Motorcycles, Scooters and Mopeds under 125cc.

– – –
Do you offer DAS? (Direct access scheme)

As the name implies ‘Get My CBT’ only offer CBT motorcycle training however we’ll be able to put you in touch with somebody.

– – –
Is there parking on site?

All of our Get My CBT training centers have on site parking.

– – –
What if I need to cancel my booking?

You can cancel your booking and receive a full refund up to 1 week in advance. After this period you are eligible to reschedule without losing your deposit. If however you wish to cancel within 3 days your deposit is non-refundable and you will need to make a new booking.

– – –
Can I reschedule a booking?

You can reschedule your CBT without losing your deposit as long as it is within 72 hours of your course start. After this time you will need to make a new booking.

– – –
What if the weather is bad? Snow etc.

We will let you know by SMS/text message to your mobile if we cannot train due to bad weather. This will usually be any time up until an hour before the start of your CBT. This is to get a fair gauge as to whether it may change. If it is called off we will be in touch that day to reschedule a suitable time to get you back in

– – –
What if you cancel my booking?

If we have to cancel the booking due to bad weather conditions we’ll be sure to book you in at your soonest convenience. If for any other reason we have to reschedule your appointment we’ll work around you to find you a suitable date to reschedule or offer a refund if for any reason we can’t.

– – –
What if I arrive late for my training?

The course starts at 8.30am prompt. If you arrive late and miss any of the elements of the course you will be required to leave and book in again. You will lost your deposit. This is simply due to the course order needing to be completed correctly from start to finish

– – –
What if I forget or don’t have my driving licence?

If you do not have your full license (both parts) you will be unable to take your CBT. If you have booked please see our booking terms as you will need to reschedule/cancel your booking until you have your license.

– – –
Can I take my CBT using a foreign licence?
No. You must have a UK full or provisional driving licence.

– – –
I have passed my CBT before, but my certificate has now expired. 
Your certificate of completion lets you ride a moped or a motorbike up to 125cc on the road with L plates for 2 years (L or D plates in Wales).

If you haven’t passed your full motorcycle test in 2 years, you’ll need to take CBT again.

– – –
I have passed my CBT before but lost my certificate
The certificate of completion is a legal document. It proves your right to ride as a provisional rider. You may be asked to produce it by the police.

If you lose your certificate we can issue you a replacement at a cost of £20.

– – –
To take part in CBT you need:

To be 16 and over.

Be in possession of a valid U.K. licence (full or provisional) both parts.

Have a good knowledge of the Highway Code and be able to read a car number plate over a distance of 20.5 meters, you should also be a competent push/pedal bike rider.

You must also have a good understanding of English.